Varicose Veins, Dealing With Varix VeinsWhat Are Varicose Veins? Many individuals suffer from the complications that are associated with varicose veins. Despite what many may believe about this condition, “varicose” does not specify one certain set of veins in the body.
Any vein in the body has the potential to become varicose. However, this condition is noted in being most common in the legs, and even in the feet.
The name of this condition is actually derived from a Latin term. That term is “varix”. When interpreted, “varix” actually means “twisted”. These veins are also referred to as spider veins.
Here, you will be introduced to varicose veins and some of the challenges posed to individuals that suffer from this condition. When a vein experiences a high amount of pressure, it is common for them to become enlarged and even “twisted”.
A German pathologist by the name of Carl Arnold Ruge did the first noted evaluation of these veins and actually gave medical professionals of today a base definition in order to properly diagnose this condition.
In his work, he stated that: “Varicose veins are any dilated, elongated, and tortuous vein irrespective of size.” In his studies, Mr. Ruge mostly focused on the veins in the leg area. However, he did stand by the fact that this condition can occur in any and all other places where veins are present in the body.
In order to properly understand exactly what veins that are considered to be “varicose” are, it is essential to understand the basic anatomy of a vein – especially those in the legs. If you were to observe a standard vein in the leg, you would see that it resembles a tiny tunnel, with many branches that extend to other areas of the body.
Medical professionals often refer to these branches as “leaflets”. These branches serve as a type of valve that stops the blood from flowing in a manner that is inconsistent, or “backwards”. As this occurs, the muscles in the area work as a pumping system to ensure that blood is properly recycled back to the heart.
If, for some reason, the veins experience an enlargement, these branches, or “valves” fail to work as they should. As the blood accumulates in these veins, many uncomfortable symptoms may arise. Most veins that acquire a varicose property are said to be “superficial”. In a nutshell, this means that they rest close to, or near, the surface of the skin.
In the research that has been conducted throughout the years, it has been found that the most common veins that are subject to this experience are near to the surface of the skin. This is because these veins experience the most pressure when standing, sitting, and performing other activities for an extended amount of time.
About Varicose Veins Or Spider Veins
As stated previously, many uncomfortable symptoms may develop when an individual experiences this medical complication. These symptoms include the following:
• The area that is affected may be painful, or “tender” due to the inflammation that is experienced.
• Many people complain that the enlarged and swollen area that is common with varicose veins will itch.
• For individuals that give into the itching that occurs in the swollen area, skin ulcers may become apparent.
• Many individuals that experience this condition find that their mobility is limited due to the pain that is experienced while moving.
If you find that there are veins that seem to be swelling on your legs, or other areas of the body, you may be suffering from varicose veins. Visit your doctor and discuss the complications that you are experiencing in order to discover treatment options.
Varicose Veins Symptoms
When an individual suffers from an enlarged vein in the body, it is very common to experience varicose veins symptoms.
While it is considered rare to experience serious or life threatening symptoms when the veins in the body become inflamed and accumulate a high level of blood, it is important to understand that there is still a possibility.
Throughout this guide, you will be introduced to many different varicose veins symptoms that have been identified through case studies and other clinical examinations.
If you suffer from this condition, it is important that you learn as much as you can in order to ensure that you are able to maintain and optimize your health.
1. One of the main and most noticeable symptoms of varicose veins is swelling on the skin, just above where the inflamed vein rests.
The swelling may go the whole length of the vein, or be whelped up in one particular section. In addition to this, swelling may be mild to severe – depending on the amount of blood that has accumulated in the valves of that particular vein.
2. In addition to swelling at the point of blood accumulation, swelling may be experienced in the ankles when an individual suffers from enlarged veins in the legs. This is a direct result of improper blood circulation in the body.
3. Many individuals who suffer from varicose veins symptoms in the legs will find that the legs feel burdened with heaviness and that they ache.
This may or may not be consistent. However, most who have experienced this symptom find that it occurs after sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
Many individuals also experience it when they lay down to relax, or after experiencing a workout.
4. It is not uncommon for the skin right above the affected area to become thin and dry. Many individuals also find that this area itches.
If an individual indulges, and scratches the affected area, the skin is likely to become irritated. Many may even develop skin ulcerations or venous eczema if this occurs.
5. For many who give into the itching that often accompanies enlarged varicose veins, bleeding of the skin may occur.
6. In many cases of varicose veins, various types of wastes and toxins may start to accumulate in the body. This normally occurs around the area that is affected by the varicose veins.
When this occurs, it is common to notice a natural darkening of the skin. Discoloration of the skin may appear even prior to the accumulation of waste and toxins.
This discoloration can range from a brown color to a blue color, depending on the severity of the inflammation that is being experienced.
7. Many individuals do not realize it, but varicose veins symptoms may include the onset of restless leg syndrome. Individuals who develop this condition may find that they experience strange sensations in the legs.
This may also lead to the need to move the legs continuously. Tingling and numb sensations may also be experienced if and when this is experienced.
8. Many individuals who experience symptoms associated with varicose veins will find that they experience warmth in the area of swelling. The skin may feel hot to the touch, and may even be extremely sensitive to heat and/or cold.
As you can see, there are a number of varicose veins symptoms that can be experienced. The types of symptoms and the severity of these symptoms will ultimately depend on the severity of the condition in which one suffers from.
Medical doctors may be able to prescribe certain treatments in order to reduce the discomfort that is experienced from the symptoms mentioned here.
The Cause of Varicose Veins Exposed
If you suffer from enlarged veins in the body, it is essential to know and understand the cause of varicose veins.
A lot of research has been conducted when it comes to the leading causes that relate to an enlargement of the veins in the body, but the conclusions are still theoretical in nature.
There is no conclusive evidence that this condition is related to one specific cause or another, but medical professionals have a number of theories surrounding the onset of this condition.
Here, I will expose these theories so that you may better understand this condition.
The first cause of varicose veins that many medical professionals feel is the main culprit is that the valves of the vein have some type of defect, or are damaged in some manner.
If you were to view the veins with the naked eye, you would see that there are little extensions that branch off into other areas of the body.
These extensions are called “valves”. They work to push the blood in the body in the proper direction and prevent the blood from spilling back into the direction that it originated.
The valves play an important role in ensuring that the blood that flows through the veins moves toward the heart where it can be best utilized by the body.
If there is a complication within the valves of a vein, it will result in the blood accumulating in one specific area. As a result of this complication, swelling will be experienced.
Then, the complication of the blood flowing in the wrong direction is experienced. As a result, the blood never fully reaches the heart where it can be distributed to other areas of the body.
Now, we must look to the muscles surrounding the vein that is experiencing the complications. Muscles work to contract the vein so that the blood flows appropriately.
Muscles can be compared to a pumping system. When they contract, pressure will accumulate in veins that are close to the skin and result in varicose type veins occurring.
Many other causes have been identified when it comes to this type of situation within the veins.
Medical professionals have not identified these as sound causes, but more like aggravating conditions to the main condition of varicosities. These conditions include the following:
1. Individuals who are considered to be overweight, or obese, often experience varicose veins because of the weight of the stomach pressing down on the lower quadrant of the body.
2. Women who are pregnant often experience complications with varicosities is experienced. This is because as the uterus expands, the hormone levels in the body experience an increase.
All of these conditions play an important role in the normal rate of blood flow and volume of blood flow, therefore affecting the walls of the veins in the feet and the legs.
3. Any type of strain in the body can also result in the development of varicose veins. There are many different types of straining, which includes chronic cough, constipation issues, and even the body retaining fluids due to various health conditions and diseases.
4. Many different types of traumas that may affect the legs, such as those that include injury or even surgical procedures may cause an issue when it comes to the normal blood flow in the body and may result in the development or aggravation of varicose veins.
As noted, there are many considerations when it comes to the overall cause of varicose veins. However, many of these potential causes may simply be linked to this condition as aggravating factors.
Laser Treatments For Varicose Veins
Laser treatment of varicose veins is becoming a popular option for those that suffer from this unsightly and uncomfortable condition.
This is a surgical procedure that involves using a type of light beam which emits a small amount of heat. The purpose and intent of this type of treatment is to introduce the enlarged vein to a heat source.
Once this occurs, damage occurs within the vein. In an attempt to replenish itself, scar tissue will form. Once the scar tissue has been completely formed, it will close the vein that is experiencing difficulty.
When the vein loses the ability to access blood flow, it will eventually die off. Over time, the body will eliminate this vein.
Types of Laser Treatment for Veins
There are two basic types of laser treatment for varicose veins available to individuals who suffer from this medical condition.
First, you can have a simple form of the procedure done. Then, you can have endovenous treatment performed. Listed below are the descriptions for each:
1. Simple Vein Treatment – This type of laser treatment is devoted to eliminating small traces of varicose veins, like spider veins.
Generally, this particular procedure is done in many different sessions, with a certain amount of time elapsing between each session. The average time span between sessions is approximately six weeks.
However, many clinics that provide this service suggest waiting a period of twelve weeks in between sessions.
2. Endovenous Treatment – This type of treatment is a bit more detailed when it comes to treating varicose veins with a laser.
Generally, this treatment is prescribed for individuals who experience large varicose veins, usually in the leg area. It involves the use of a laser that acts as a catheter and is placed in the veins in order to conclude the area of complication.
In many cases this is used as a determination to conclude whether or not major vein surgery is required.
If you are interested in treating veins with a medical procedure, you should discuss your options with a doctor. Once an examination is performed, they will be able to decide which treatment option is best for you.
Potential Side Effects of Laser Treatment
There are many potential side effects of laser treatment of veins. If you are considering this type of treatment, it is essential to ensure that you know and understand the effects that may occur. The following list details these possibilities:
1. Many individuals suffer from burns that occur to the skin. While this is a relatively normal side effect, it is important to ensure that the area stays clean in order to reduce the possibility for infection to develop.
2. When this operation is performed, an individual may experience discoloration at the procedure site of the skin.
3. Many individuals experience strange sensations in the skin. This is because of the fact that nerves may become damaged during the laser treatment.
The sensations may feel as if the skin is burning, it may feel as if the skin is tingling, and in many cases plain pain may be experienced.
4. In severe cases, there are some people who may experience complications with the clotting of the blood. This can be potentially life threatening, but it generally something that naturally resolves itself.
If you are looking to eliminate unsightly varicose veins, and reduce the opportunity to experience symptoms related to this condition, you may find that laser treatment is right for you.
Laser treatment for varicose veins is a relatively safe and effective treatment that can be done quickly and easily.
Surgery For Varicose Veins
Each year, many individuals pursue vein surgery. Not many people realize that this type of treatment can be pursued, but there are many who have been able to pursue this surgery and obtain relief from this complication.
Surgery is considered an ideal treatment for those that suffer from relatively large veins. However, many who have smaller varicose veins have reaped many benefits as a result of having this procedure done.
Here, you will be introduced to relevant facts surrounding vein surgery. If you are seeking treatment, you may find some information here that may prove to be of value to you.
This vein surgery is often called “vein ligation”, or “vein stripping”. Many individuals elect to have this type of surgery performed to relieve them of the complications that they experience.
However, in many cases, medical professionals recommend having this procedure done in order to prevent many of the complications that may accompany damage in the area of the veins.
The following details some of the dangers that may be associated with enlarged veins in the body:
1. Insufficiency in the Venous System – When an individual experiences an insufficiency in the venous system of the body, it basically means that there is an accumulation of blood in the veins.
When this occurs, the rate of return of the blood to the heart is drastically reduced. Individuals who experience this condition may be prone to clotting of the blood, and even infections in the body.
2. Many individuals who experience large, superficial varicose veins may suffer from the effects of skin ulcerations, bleeding, and damaged skin tissue that is painful and irritates rather easily.
3. There are many cases in which varicose veins result in extreme and unhealthy levels of swelling in the legs, as well as the ankles and the feet. This can prove to be extremely burdensome for the sufferer.
Varicose surgery is a procedure that is normally done on an outpatient basis. When this procedure is performed, there are a number of incisions that are made along the skin at the area of trouble.
Generally, the troublesome vein is cut and tied off in order to “kill it off”, so that it does not cause future problems. Once the procedure has been completed, the individual will be in recovery for a short amount of time and then released.
Normal every day activities can usually be pursued within a few days of the completion of the surgery.
However, high level activities and recreational interests can be pursued within a few weeks of having the varicose veins surgery performed.
Individuals Who May Not Qualify
There are many types of people who may not qualify for vein surgery. The following details some examples of these individuals:
1. Elderly individuals who have health conditions that may affect how well they react to surgery.
2. Individuals who have complications when it comes to circulation may not qualify.
3. Women who are experiencing pregnancy should not attempt to undergo this type of surgery.
4. If there are complications with the lympathetic system, there may be problems with a varicose vein surgery.
5. If an individual has an infection, surgery is not recommended.
There are many benefits to having a varicose veins surgery performed. If you are having complications with swelling, pain, and limited mobility due to this issue, you should discuss your treatment options with a doctor.
Prevention ~ Effective Strategies to Prevent Veins
There are a number of effective strategies to prevent varicose veins.
If you are susceptible to experiencing this issue that enlarges the veins in the body – particularly in the area of the legs and feet – educating yourself on the many different methods to reduce the possibility of this complication arising is essential.
In this guide, you will learn how you can prevent this issue from occurring in your life.
Many feel that spider veins are nothing more than an unsightly cosmetic imperfection, but it has been discovered that these veins can result in many different health complications.
Learn as much as you can today to prevent the problems of tomorrow!
1. One of the best prevention measures when it comes to spider veins is to ensure that you get plenty of exercise.
Exercises that increase the circulation and oxygen levels in the blood are the best to prevent this issue from occurring. Walking, running, dance, aerobics, and similar exercises are quite appropriate.
2. When attempting to prevent this type of issue from occurring, it is important to make certain that you take the time and make the effort to watch your weight.
It has been found that being overweight can not only increase the opportunity for developing varicose veins, but it can result in a larger amount of swelling and discomfort.
3. When you are resting, or sitting, it is essential that you avoid the urge to cross your legs, or fold them underneath you. The best position is to elevate them slightly in front of you.
This helps to alleviate pressure that may occur, therefore reducing the opportunity for the valves in the veins to malfunction and develop into varicose veins.
4. Individuals who stand or sit for long periods seem to have more of an issue with varicose veins than those who are active, and move around a bit more.
If you have a job that requires you to sit or stand for a long time, be sure to move around a little and allow the pressure on the legs to dwindle naturally.
5. When choosing clothing, it is important to ensure that it is not too tight. This is especially true of the clothing that is worn on the legs and around the waist.
For an added measure of support, you may elect to purchase and implement the use of support stockings that are composed of elastic.
While these stockings may fit snugly, it is important to ensure that they are not too tight around your legs. If they do end up getting too tight, it could result in the onset of varicose veins.
6. When working to prevent varicose veins, it is essential that you avoid foods that do not have fiber. You want to consume large amounts of fiber.
You also want to avoid foods that contain a lot of salt and those that result in the body retaining large amounts of water.
7. It is important to keep a close eye on your skin – especially in the legs and the feet. If you notice any swelling and/or discoloration, it may be time to see a doctor.
Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
Choosing an appropriate home remedy for varicose veins is a challenge for many individuals. There are many different products on the market that advertise quick and effective relief to those who suffer from painful, enlarged veins.
However, very few of these products actually deliver on the promises that are made. Many people have started to research and experiment with various products in and around the home, and have discovered that these remedies are more beneficial than any that are store bought.
You will be introduced to some of the most effective strategies for dealing with spider veins here.
1. The first home remedy for varicose veins that I will review is not actually herbal in basis, yet it is the most important. It is considered to be a natural remedy.
This is to ensure that you pay special attention to your diet. If you are overweight, you stand a higher chance of developing enlarged veins that can prove to be extremely uncomfortable.
In many cases, these veins can actually lead to more serious health complications.
When choosing foods, be sure to select those that are high in minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients. Lean meats, fruits, and an assortment of vegetables are usually the healthiest among all foods.
However, other items such as nuts are considered a sound choice just so long as they do not contain large amounts of salt.
2. Exercise is also considered to be an effective home remedy for varicose veins. Exercise does many unique things for the body.
First, it is very useful in the circulation of blood. It is also important when it comes to the oxygen levels in the blood. It also assists in alleviating any pressure that may be weighing down on the lower part of the body.
If you want to soothe the symptoms associated with spider veins, or simply want to work to prevent these issues from occurring, it is important to exercise as much as possible.
3. Now, we have heard a lot of controversy surrounding the ever-popular “apple cider vinegar” the last few years. Many individuals suggest that this type of vinegar is effective in losing weight, and treating other types of medical conditions.
If you are looking for natural relief when it comes to enlarged and bulging veins in the body, you should consider implementing the use of apple cider vinegar directly on the affected area.
If nothing else, this product will prove to be very effective in the reduction of swelling and pain in the area.
4. There are a number of vitamins and minerals on the market today. Many individuals are starting to recognize these supplements and consume them on a daily basis.
This can prove to be extremely beneficial when it comes to home remedies for varicose veins. In addition to consuming these vitamins, you can also create creams and ointments to rub directly on the affected area.
5. Many individuals have found that by taking a bath that contains Epsom salt, the symptoms that they experience when it comes to varicose veins is drastically reduced.
These salts will help in the area of relieving pressure when mixed in warm to hot bath water.
6. If the area in which the varicose veins becomes swollen and painful, you should consider adding heat and cold to the area. This is easily done by adding a cold pack on the area, and then switching over to a heating pad that has a safety cover.
This should be done every fifteen to thirty minutes. Simply remove the cold, apply the heat for a specified amount of time and then reapply the cold pack. You should notice a remarkable difference in the swelling and pain that you originally experienced.
7. When seeking out a home remedy for varicose veins, it is important to ensure that you consider the clothing that you wear. It has been found that if clothing is heavy, or tight, it can result in complications that affect the circulation in the body.
In addition to this, it affects the pressure in areas of the body that are most prone to varicose veins, like the legs. It is best to select clothing that fits appropriately, or is considered to be “loose fitting”.
Treating varicose veins is a challenge. While there are many different products sold over-the-counter, many of these items do not deliver on the promises that they make.
Many individuals have found new, unique ways to effectively treat these enlarged veins.
Here, you have been introduced to ways that you can use a home remedy for varicose veins. Choose one, or choose all – the choice is yours!
Vaginal ~ Vulvar Varicosities
Vulvar Varicosities is another name for vaginal varicose veins. Many women suffer from this uncomfortable and embarrassing situation.
If you have been told by a medical professional that you are suffering from Vulvar Varicosities, it is essential to ensure that you learn as much as possible about the condition.
You should also equip yourself with the knowledge of how to effectively cope with this situation. By doing so, you will not only experience relief from the painful symptoms that you experience, but you will also be able to increase your comfort level as a whole!
Varicose Veins and Pregnancy
When a female experiences pregnancy, many changes occur in the body. As the child begins to grow inside of you, a vast amount of pressure is placed on the system that assists in the proper circulation of blood in the body.
As a result of the complications placed on the circulatory system, the blood may begin to slow down drastically. When this occurs, many veins will not respond well. As a result, Vulvar Varicosities may be experienced. While the legs are the most susceptible to enlarged veins, there are other areas that may be affected. These areas include the rectal area, the vagina, and even the feet.
Exploring The Culprits and Symptoms of Vulvar Varicosities
One of the main culprits when it comes to the complication of vaginal varicose veins is pressure. One of the first things that you should consider is your weight.
It has been found that if you are overweight, this may increase the possibility for this complication to arise. In addition to this, you should examine your clothing.
Extremely tight fitting clothing can prove to be a very large culprit when it comes to developing vulvar varicosities. It is essential to ensure that you avoid clothes that are heavy, or fit too tight in the area of the vagina. Consuming an unhealthy diet, not exercising enough, and even pregnancy may also be causes behind varicose veins that emerge in the vagina.
Treatment Options Vulvar Varicosities
Fortunately, there are a few treatment options that can be considered when it comes to resolving the complication of vulvar varicosities. The following details some of the options that you have:
1. First, you should look into programs to assist you in reducing any unnecessary weight. These programs may be simple diets, or simply adding and reducing certain items from your diet.
2. There are certain products available for women who experience vaginal varicose veins. The “V-Brace” is an excellent choice when it comes to this type of product.
3. Your doctor may suggest certain exercises and other physical activities that can help to improve the general circulation of the body.
4. If you are pregnant, shortly after delivery, it is normal for the varicose veins to successfully resolve themselves.
5. There are some specialists who work to surgically remove varicose veins that are troublesome within the vagina.
Vulvar varicosities is a very uncomfortable and disheartening medical complication. However, there are some things that you can do in order to prevent and/or eliminate this complication from your life.
If you are interested in obtaining relief from vaginal varicose veins, you should work closely with a medical doctor. This professional will work closely with you to ensure that you receive the care and correction that you need, and deserve.
A guide to anti aging, health and wellness for men and women. Information articles and video for exercise, diet and nutrition, product reviews, water, sleep, weight loss and control. It's not about where you have been it's about where you are going!
|Poor Blood Circulation
Hawthorn Berry, Ginko Biloba, Garlic, Bilberry or Huckleberry are all natural herbs that have helped people improve poor circulation in their feet and legs.
Poor Blood Circulation
|Circulation Problems ~ Treatments For Poor Blood Circulation
Treatments vary from surgery to the use of these various drugs. Information about Sclerotherapy, Angioplasy, Compression Stockings
Treatments For Poor Blood Circulation
|The Circulatory System And Your Feet
Your feet can show you if you have a poor circulatory system, do you have these symptoms?
The Circulatory System And Your Feet
|Search Beauty And The Bath
Fast Site Search