Urchin Hair Cut
The urchin hair cut was a popular hairstyle worn by numerous women in the 1970's.
A Fav Of Lisa Milano
This particular hairstyle has been called many different names throughout history. You may have heard of the gamine, twiggy, pixie, or the Mia Farrow. If so, all of these hairstyles are the same as the urchin.
The whole point of this particular hairstyle is getting the hair as close to the head as possible in length without eliminating all of it. Women who have small frames and are considered "petite" often sported this style to bring out their natural features.
Many popular celebrities throughout history have worn the urchin hair cut.
The list includes Audrey Hepburn, Wynonna Ryder, and even Jean Seberg.
When a woman has the urchin hair cut, it is noted by short sides and being cut short around the nape.
The top of the hair tends to be a little bit longer than the sides, and most take the top of the hair and style it in an upward fashion.
In this article, you will be given some styling steps that will assist you in the area of creating the urchin hair cut and appearance.
If you have a small frame and unique facial characteristics that you want to be optimized, then you should follow the instructions listed here. You are sure to be impressed with the results that you acquire through this style!
- First, you will want to ensure that the hair cut is suitable for the urchin style. As mentioned previously, the hair should be cut really short.
- However, the top of the hair should be longer in length so that it may be styled quickly and easily. You should get the hair cut by a professional in order to achieve this look. They will be able to do the cut quickly and professionally to ensure a perfect style every single time!
- Once the hair is cut appropriately for this hairstyle, you should wash it and then apply a small amount of conditioner. The conditioner should be left in. This will help to ensure that the hair is smooth and shiny once it dries. In addition to this, it will add a little "bounce" to your hair and make it feel light.
- The next thing that you will want to do is apply some mousse to the top of the hair and brush or comb it in an upward fashion. It is important to implement the use of a hair dryer in order to maximize the appearance of the hair.
- As you are drying the hair, it is important to remember to continue brushing the hair upwards. Not only will this help keep the style in place, but it will provide extra body to the hair.
- Many individuals will actually tease the hair once it is dry on the top. This helps add texture to the overall appearance of the urchin hair cut.
- In order to do this successfully, you should use a radial brush to do so. This will help to ensure that the hair is kept smooth and comfortable in appearance.
- Once you have finished teasing the urchin hair cut, you should spray it with hairspray all over. Now, you are ready to hit the streets and sport the new look that you have developed for yourself!
Urchin Hair Cut
Updated March 14, 2012
Watch short videos that give you step by step styling or color instructions, techniques and tutorials for styling and hair care