Modeling Tips And Tricks
If you are someone that is interested in becoming a model the following modeling tips and tricks will help you.
Some might seem like common sense but in the highly competitive world of modeling it is easy to forget or overlook small things.
Use these modeling tips to get ahead in the modeling industry.
1. If you want a person look at your email, use a good name for your email address, don't use "cutey" or "sexy", and use black font, other fonts can be hard to read.
Be professional, this is one of the most important modeling tips for a first impression.
2. Don’t be informal in your email, no LOL’s or other words you’d use with in a email to a friend or relative. Modeling might be fun for you but it is a business and should be treated as one.
3. Always try to be on time or early for a photo shoot. It’s important and will give you a good reputation.
Yes accidents and emergencies do happen but you should do everything in your power to avoid keeping photographers and other support waiting.
4. Be prepared bring clothes changes; don’t go with the attitude that you have everything. Instead, always think of what you might be forgetting. You do not want to be unprepared or unable to shoot different “looks”.
5. Take your own makeup just in case there is not a make-up artist at the shoot or the make-up being used is a brand that you are allergic to.
6. Try to do a good job so you can get numerous references for future opportunities. Treat each job as though it will make or break your career. You never know what opportunities the job could lead to.
7. Be familiar with what is going to happen during the shoot, this makes you look more professional and together. Plus, being aware of your surroundings could help you avoid dangerous situations.
8. Bring enough cash along so you can pay for a cab if you need one or purchase any last minute items if you have forgotten something that is necessary.
9. Always make sure there is an agreement release to sign. Make sure you are legal protected and in control of the way your images are used.
10. Always maintain a professional air and don’t do something that may come back on you.
Modeling tips that are easy to forget, do not gossip about people in the industry, be rude to staff or other models. Treat everyone exactly the way you want them to treat you.
11. If you’ve signed a travel expense agreement, make sure transportation is booked and everything is paid for especially hotels.
Do not end up in a situation where you are being asked to pay for expenses that you cannot afford.