Marilyn Monroe Hairstyles
Called the classic blond bombshell, pinup girl, and glamour girl, Marilyn Monroe hairstyles were an asset the girl knew how to use.
Marilyn Monroe's Hair
From deep glam waves to soft curls Marilyn Monroe hairstyles set trends throughout her career.
Choose from the six classic Monroe hairstyles below for looks you can add to Marilyn Monroe costumes or if dressing up retro style.
This wavy short hairstyle begins with a hair length at chin level, while the top is cut at an angle and then parted to the side to achieve more volume.
Easily maintained with regular trims. Suitable face shapes are triangular, square, oblong, diamond and oval. Hair texture should be thin, medium and thick, with a medium density.
Styling is high maintenance, taking approximately 30 minutes, using a blow dryer, hot rollers, mousse and molding cream.
- Apply mousse and part to the left.
- Using a medium radial brush, blow dry the top, back and sides under.
- Using hot rollers close to the part and along the back of the head. Style your hair using your fingers and molding cream.
- Piece the ends using the molding cream.
This straight medium hairstyle, is well suited for hair types which are fine, medium to thick and coarse of medium density.
The face shapes complimented by this hairstyle are oval, square, heart, oblong and diamond shape. It is cut in angled layers, and cut with a slicing technique.
Styling is high maintenance, taking about 30 minutes, using a blow dryer, hot rollers, mouse and gel-wax.
- Apply mousse, and then part your hair to the right
- Use a large radial brush, while blow drying the top, back and sides under, and then blow dry the bangs to the left
- Using large hot rollers on top and along the back
- Style your hair back, using gel-wax with your fingers
- While styling the hair in the back down using the same finger technique with gel-wax
- Use your fingers and gel wax to style the left and right sides, for a wispy appearance
This sexy wavy short hairstyle, features soft curly layers to achieve more volume, the sides at chin level. It is suitable for face shapes such as heart, oval, diamond, square and oblong. It styles well for thin, medium or thick hair texture with medium density.
Styling maintenance is high and taking little more than 30 minutes, using a blow dryer, hot rollers and a scrunching technique, mousse and gel-wax.
- Apply mousse and part to the left
- Using a medium radial brush, blow dry the top, back and sides under
- When using medium hot rollers, place them close to the part and along the back
- You can piece the ends together using gel-wax
- You can use the gel-wax to scrunch your hair with your fingers and then style your hair back using your fingers and the gel-wax
Marilyn Monroe Hairstyles
Updated April 5, 2012
One of the main things that stood out about this famous personality was the way that she wore her makeup.
Whether you have a Halloween party, Hollywood or fifties theme party coming up, or you are simply curious about duplicating Monroe's glamorous Hollywood style and look