Gamine hairstyles are sleek and chic styles that are quickly emerging as a very popular choice among many women. This style originally emerged in the sixties and seventies as a style fitted for small framed individuals with sharp features.
It gained so much appeal in that time that now it is back. If you are interested in a simple style that will highlight your natural body set, facial features, and natural beauty, this style may be right for you. Here, you will learn some basic styling steps on how to achieve this particular look.
1. The first thing that you will want to do when preparing for this style is to thoroughly wash and condition the hair.
This will ensure that the hair is clean, soft, and smooth. This can be beneficial in assisting in the area of holding the hair products that are necessary in order to achieve the style in general.
Once the hair has been washed and conditioned, the next step is to correct the hair to the point in which the part is in place.
The Part on this particular hairstyle is important and unusual from most hairstyles in that it is parted more on the side of the head rather than on the top of the head.
It is best to part the hair for the gamine hairstyle when it is wet in order to ensure that it is evenly parted and easily achieved.
2. You should take a strong comb and go all the way down the side in order to part the hair. The part should start in the front and extend back to the area of the crown.
Once the part has been achieved, the hair should be combed straight down on the opposite direction of the part, and then combed to the side on the opposite side.
3. It is important to ensure that the hair is cut short to the nape of the neck and that the hair does not extend over the ears at all. By ensuring that the hair is cut this short, you are maximizing the effectiveness of the style as made notable by famous people such as "Twiggy" in history.
4. Once the hair has been styled appropriately, it is important to apply the hair products. First, you should use some smoothing shine in order to help hold the hair in place and also to add a glisten to the hair.
5. Once the smoothing shine has been placed in the hair, you should then apply some hair wax to the hair. This will help hold the style in place. You may even wish to apply some mousse to the hair at this point to ensure that the style holds appropriately.
6. You should then take a hair dryer and use a "cool” or "low” setting in order to completely dry the hair. This will also help to effectively set the style so that it holds well.
7. Once the hair is dry, you will want to apply some hairspray all over. This acts to reinforce the style appropriately.
If you are looking for an effective style that brings out the best in appearance and personality, the gamine hairstyle will do just that.
Feb 27, 17 02:20 PM
Hey my name is Jayda Adams and I am 17. I'm looking to become a model for makeup, I have been trying to become a model but everywhere turns me away because
Feb 27, 17 01:08 PM
Mature Makeup Application Learn how to make your makeup work for you to conceal aging and last longer
Feb 26, 17 07:56 PM
Flip Hairstyle Late 1960s The end of 1960 wanted a easy to style hairstyle, the simple 1960s flip hairstyle was in and big hair was out