Down Prom Hairstyles Instead Of An Updo
There are many different hairstyles suitable for proms. In this article, we will take a look at hairstyles that are worn down for this very special and monumental event.
If you are trying to decide which look is most appropriate for your special night, you are sure to take delight in these conventional, yet cutting edge styles.
Now, you can enjoy free flowing down prom hairstyles that break way from the traditional up hairstyles that are typically worn at proms.
Personal preference and personality expression are the way to go when it comes to selecting the right prom hairstyle for you.
Long, Sleek, and Full of Body Prom Hairstyle
If you are looking for a style that allows you to wear your hair down, yet still be the center of attraction at your prom, then the long, sleek, and full of body hairstyle is the one for you.
This style is relatively simple to produce. If you keep up with the entertainment world, this particular style was worn at the Daytime Emmy Awards, the 34th year, by Adrienne Frantz.
The hair fell just slightly over the shoulders, with a mix of soft curls in a spiral design. Integrate with a bit of top body, this made the perfect style for this lady, and it can for you too! Simply follow the steps listed below to achieve this look for your prom:
1. The first thing that you should do is apply mousse generously on the hair.
2. You will want to take special care in parting the hair to the right side. Once the part has been accomplished, you can move on to the next step.
3. You should then get a paddle brush and a hair dryer out and blow dry the hair. You should use a low setting while drying with this type of brush to avoid the complication of frizzing hair.
4. The next thing you will want to do is take a curling iron that is large in size and curl the middle and the ends with it.
5. Once you have achieved the curls that you are attempting to get, you should then take some smoothing shine and place it in the hair. You can then pull back one side of the hair and allow the rest to flow freely.
Gorgeously Long Cascading Tresses
Did you happen to catch pictures of the gala screening of "The Da Vinci Code”? If so, you probably caught a glimpse of the gorgeously long cascading tresses of Aishwarya Rai.
If you are looking for a unique style to wear to your prom, you should consider this style. It can be achieved by implementing the following steps:
1. You will want to start by applying a generous amount of gel spray that implements the use of a leave in conditioner. This will ensure that the hair remains soft and shiny.
2. Many individuals implement the use of gel that sculpts and defines the hair. If you elect to do this, it should be implemented right after the gel spray is applied.
3. Next, you should carefully part your hair over to the right and then section the hair. You should use a brush that is called "radial” for this task.
4. The sides and the back of the hair should be blown dried in an "under” manner. Once this has been accomplished, rollers that are electrically warmed should be placed in the back and on the sides.
5. Hair wax can then be added to the ends and the roots of the hair. This will help maximize the potential for body. Once this has been accomplished, simply add hair spray and take out the rollers. You now have a gorgeous down prom hairstyle.
Fun and Relaxed Tresses
Recently, Alessandra Ambrosio showed up at the Victoria’s Secret Show for Fashion with a hairstyle that exhibited her fun and relaxed demeanor. If you are looking for the perfect prom down hairstyle, it can be achieved by following the steps listed below:
1. The first thing that you should do is apply a mousse with a leave in conditioner in the hair. Once you have done this, simply part the hair straight down the middle.
2. Using a large radial brush, blow dry the back of the hair so that it kicks out. This will help to add body to wavy hair and produce optimal effects for this style. This should be immediately followed by blowing out each side of the hair with the hair dryer as well.
3. The final steps to achieving this prom down hairstyle is simply to add some smoothing shine and some lacquer to the "do”.
You are now ready for the big night!
Enjoy Down Prom Hairstyles
Down Prom Hairstyles Gallery
Use the buttons below to view this gallery, open links to more hairstyles
and a preview panel you can drag and move with your mouse.
Main Page For Prom Articles