Delicate Skin Care
How To Care For Your Delicate Skin Type
Delicate skin care is needed for skin that is on the sensitive side. What is sensitive skin? It is skin that reacts to external conditions, such as pollutants in the air or products that are used on the skin. There are products available that are made specifically for sensitive delicate skin but the levels of toleration vary from person to person as do the ingredients of the products. It is necessary to shop around maybe try a few and work out which ones are best suited to you.
Learn What to Avoid When Caring For Delicate Skin Types
As with any person who has any type of allergy, you will quickly learn what you can and cannot tolerate. Detergents are not easily tolerated by anybody really and most products that contain chemicals should also be avoided. Products that are labeled suitable for sensitive delicate skin will either not contain any chemicals or will keep then at miniscule levels. They are normally soap free as this too can be abrasive on some people.
Sensible Skin Care
Restrict yourself to using only those products that are labeled for sensitive skin. Before you buy read the contents and the instructions. Sometimes it will warn you of certain things that are included in the making of the product. Forewarned is forearmed:
- Use natural products as much as possible.
- Choose products that contain the least colorings and that have minimal additional ingredients.
- Avoid using toners as they contain alcohol which is not good for sensitive skin and could cause a nasty reaction.
- When working around the house and using cleaning products that may contain chemicals, use rubber gloves to protect your hands. If you cannot tolerate using rubber, you are now able to get thin white, cotton gloves to protect your hands and may be able wear rubber ones over them.
- Avoid letting your skin come into contact with the sun. Look for a good sunscreen and apply it an hour before going out into the sun, always wear a wide brimmed hat and try to sit in the shade. Wear sun glasses to protect your eyes.
- In your daily skin care routine use only products that are either labeled as being suitable for sensitive skin or those products that are labeled "hypoallergenic."
- It is important for you to cleanse your face after you have been outside but avoid soap. Find a good alcohol free cleanser that suits your skin and keep to that one. Cleanse gently never rubbing too hard to avoid abrading the skin. This also goes for when you are exfoliating if you rub too hard you could stress the skin and have a nasty reaction.
- Always remove make up as soon as possible to minimize any reaction. It is also possible to buy hypoallergenic make up remover for delicate skin.
The care of sensitive skin is very different from the care of normal skin. It requires more care and a lot of thought and preparation when considering which products to use. Remember always read the labels and build a regular skin care routine into each and every day. If you do this, it should become less of a problem and more a way of life for delicate skin care.
Delicate Skin Care
Published August 4, 2011
More Info For Beautiful Skin
How To Care For Your Sensitive Skin
Do you have a problem with Sensitive Skin? You may be one of the 63% of women who also deal with sensitive skin
Sensitive Mature Skin
Mature skin can become sensitive, here are some ways to care for sensitive skin for cleansing, moisturizing, and protection