Smooth Flipped Bob For Older Black Women
A smooth flipped Bob for older African American women can be an extremely flattering hairstyle. A smooth Bob hairstyle is professional looking, clean cut and stylish. The flip on the ends of your hair will add a fun, youthful element to your hairstyle.
There was a time when many women opted to cut their locks into a shorter hairstyle as they aged. However, these days, women are aware that longer hairstyles can be just as flattering.
A smooth flipped Bob hairstyle is an ideal look for all occasions. You can wear your style to the office, at the beach, to a romantic dinner out or anywhere else your busy life may take you.
Oprah Winfrey is the most famous female African American celebrity of all time. As we have watched her on television over the years we have seen her with a variety of hairstyles. Often, Oprah styles her tresses into one of the various forms of Bob hairstyles. The most flattering of these being a smooth flipped Bob.
Oprah Just Keeps Getting Better
As she ages, Oprah just keeps looking better. She is aware of what looks good on her, what hairstyles suit her facial features and hair type. Her flipped Bob hairstyle is stylish, easy to maintain and keeps her looking fresh and young. Although easily adaptable for most hair types, Oprah's smooth flipped Bob hairstyle works best on hair that is straight with a loose curl or wave that can be straighten with a relaxer or heated styling tools.
To make sure that your locks can be flipped, visit your hair salon and start with a shoulder length Bob that contains layered shaping. You will want to make sure that your stylist adds a large number of layers to promote volume and lift in your locks when they are dry. It is left up to individual choice on how you wear your bangs or fringe. You can opt for shorter, brow brushing bangs, or a long side swept fringe. Any bang will work as long as it suits your needs.
Get Oprah's Style
- Wash your hair with products designed for your hair type and condition
- Comb a dab of straightening balm through towel dried locks
- Divide your tresses into sections and blow-dry with a round brush to create a smooth surface and relax curl
- Rub a small amount of pomade such as Carol's Daughter Kizzi between your palms and smooth over your locks
- For extremely curly hair types, when dry, spray with a straightening mist and working in small sections, use a flat styling iron for a smooth finish
- Section your locks and roll your hair up with large, medium and small hot rollers
- Remove rollers spray lightly with styling gel for extra hold if desired
- Use a brush to make sure your flip is out as desired
- Back comb the crown for support and volume
- Mist lightly with hairspray for hold
You May Also Like
Author: Tanna Mayer
Updated: March 5, 2015
Photo Credits: Copyright
Beauty And The Bath/PR Photos