The 60s Makeup Look For Groovy Retro Style
Groovy 60s makeup and big hair was a big deal in this decade. Let's face it; the women of the 60's had a natural flair for beauty and fashion.
Many popular trends in hair and makeup emerged from this particular time era. Now, these 60s trends are back.
This easy tutorial will give you tips and application steps on how to create a retro 60's look with makeup.
While there are many guides out there on the hairstyles of this era, you will find very few that tell you how to master makeup from this time period.
If you want to optimize your appearance in style, this is the way to go.
In order to achieve the 60's makeup look, there are a few things that you will need.
- A liquid foundation that matches your skin tone
- A sponge that is made for applying foundation
- Some face powder that matches the color and tone of the liquid foundation
- Different sized makeup brushes
- Eye shadow that is considered to be "Nude"
- Liquid eyeliner, black in color
- False eyelashes with the adhesive of your choice
- A brush for the lips
- Mascara that is black in color
- A light colored, or nude, lipstick
1960s Makeup Tutorial
1. The first step is to take the foundation that is liquid based and the applicator sponge and apply it to the face. It is important to massage it gently into the skin.
You should ensure that you blend in an even manner all around the face and even in areas around the hair, and the ears. The idea is to ensure complete coverage, without seeming obvious.
2. Now, look at your makeup brushes and select one that is relatively large. You will want to take this and dip it in the powder that you have selected and dust it all over your entire face.
3. The next thing that you want to do is to take a medium sized makeup brush and place some of the eye shadow on it that is nude in color.
This should be placed on the entire eyelid – up to where the eyebrows start.
4. Now apply the eyeliner that is liquid based. You should start on the top lash area and run it out. When you get to the outer area, it is important to make it a bit thicker.
5. Once the liquid eyeliner has dried, you will be ready to apply the false eyelashes. It is important to ensure that they are as close as possible to your natural lashes.
You may need a pair of tweezers to help you place this item on your eyes.
6. Now, once you have the eyelashes in place, take your eyeliner and blend in at the area where you applied the false eyelashes. This will ensure that it is not noticeable.
7. Now, you are ready to apply the black mascara that you have set aside. Be sure that there is no clumping when you apply this ingredient.
8. The last step that you will need to take to ensure success in this area is applying the pale colored lipstick that you have selected.
Now, you have a sassy and sexy 60's makeup and style that is simply beautiful!
You May Also Like
Author: Tanna Mayer
Updated: June 5, 2015
Beauty And The Bath